We should probably avoid the EAV model. The definition of an EAV model is having tables in a database that contain three columns: object, attribute, value.
- Either do information full up in a database or don’t do it at all in a database. Databases are designed for data.
- Of course you have to store your information somewhere.
- So something like an inner platform is needed for that.
- But you have to avoid the inner platform effect which is to create a platform which does pretty much the same thing as the platform used to build it, i.e. creating a database in code using a database to store it in for example.
- To avoid this you need to provide significant additional value in your inner platform. Information orientation allows you to do this.