Information programming doesn’t just integrate systems, it unifies systems. It can unify business goals with technology domains in software as it is developed. It can be used to unify technology domains. It can do this using endemes. Endemes can embed business goals in software, and can ride on top of conventional object oriented development.
- Business goals can be information modeled using endeme sets. Then the endeme sets can be implemented in a program.
- Knowledge representation and artificial intelligence can be built on top of an endeme layer.
- The endeme layer is then implemented in data technology domains such as object oriented programming and relational database storage.
- User interface development and networking are built using endeme empowered knowledge representation.
- Business people then use the user interfaces built using this approach and business goals are unified with the programs that are built.
Like the Pirelli Tire building missing its third story, software development missing its third level will hit a development ceiling.
This building is a good analogy for the state of software development.
When I think about where automated/computer decision making exists in this stack, it is in level 6 – computational creativity. You see, level 5 – artificial intelligence analyzes the world around it, and level 6 synthesizes things from its understanding. One of the things that can be synthesized is decisions. Level1&2:data. Level3&4:information. Level5&6:understanding. Level7&8:reproduction.
When building endemes by hand you are making decisions, so this form of building is a creative action. Endemes systemetize the construction of information, so endeme building can systemetize creativity.
Endemes are useful for some things and not others.
Not to make light of these disadvantages because they are significant, why do I like them?
1. Endeme sets can play well with each other and a great variety of
information can be stored as endemes
– Things of different types can be compared and even related.
– It breaks down the walls that strict logic creates between similar data structures
2. It is oriented toward storing information much more than data
THEREFORE: Endemes contain a tiny piece of intelligence/information in a theoretically scalable form
– they might be used to build an artificial brain
3. Folk programming keeps creating codes. Endemes allow us to manage them.
4. There are ‘no wrong answers’ in a properly built endeme set.
This means endemes can be used for fault tolerant genetic algorithms,
and graceful degradation in systems.
The main problem with the endeme information structure is that
1. it welds multiple fields into a less machine-accessable format which means:
– it can’t be directly used as an index
– you have to ‘pack’ it when you want to create one
– you have to ‘unpack’ it when you want to get at the information back out.
2. Data is lost when you move it from a numeric to a relative strength format.
3. You have to build an interpreter to make sense of it
4. You have to cram fields together until you can cover everything in scope in 22 characteristics or less
– Endemes are not for precise data: The obstacles mean that endemes are not for everything. For eaxample if you want to store temperature, you might not want to use an endeme for the data, although you might want to use it for the field.
Semantic data semantic layer for software development
could software development become easier if we could build a data semantic layer on top of databases?
what if we could build a data semantic layer on top of logical constructs?
not just reports but a data semantic layer adjusted for the terms that programmers want to see
not just the terms that businesses want to see
this could be an object member semantic layer
This list covers action verbs to think about information in order to create new project ideas. Note that ‘negate’ gets used with other action verbs like ‘hurt’; note that these verbs may be combined.
- Advocate: sell/promote
- Benefit: help/improve
- Create: Build/Develop/Construct
- Decision: Decision Making/Choice/Action
- Effect: Event/Result/Output/end/finish
- Future: planning/prediction
- Govern: manage/handle/guide/control
- Hurt: damage/problem/hazard
- Individualize: Customize/User preference
- Joined: Relationships/interaction
- Keep: settle/fix/be
- Location: physical world
- Modify: change/alter
- Negate X: avoidance/nullification/Negation
- Optimize: Balancing/Resources
- Presentation: Present/Format/Arrange/Layout
- Quanta/data: Data/text/numbers/bits/files/documents/measurements/values
- Receive: Get
- Send: Put/publish
- Technology: Integration/Technology/Interfaces/UIs
- Understand: Learning/Understanding/Knowledge building
- View: Vision/Recognition/spotting/finding/searching/detection